Sick Certificates

These certificates are for employment purposes only – not for absence from school, college, gym, exams, etc.

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than 7 calendar days. Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness. If your employer will not accept your self-certificate form, a private medical form can be provided for a small fee (see non-NHS services).